About the Platform
The European Power to Gas Platform is a joint body, based on an integrated network of stakeholders, which aims to explore the viability of power-to-gas in European countries.
The Platform takes an independent position when pursuing its objective: the Platform aims to present unbiased data and views, and does not for instance promote technologies.
More specifically our objectives are:
Explore and implement
- Acting as a pro-active source and disseminator of knowledge on Power-to-Gas for Platform partners and for third parties.
- Fostering data on Power-to-Gas related topics and monitoring the latest findings.
- Filling gaps in knowledge on Power-to-Gas related issues by dedicated studies.
- Facilitating/initiating collaborations by the Platform members, the wider Community and third parties on projects on topics related to Power-to-Gas.
- Sharing information on the status of ongoing Power to Gas related projects, including the projects funded by the EC.
Actively involve stakeholders
- Actively involve all stakeholders in exploring the possibilities for power-to-gas and to line them up for supporting R&D and demonstration projects.
Our way of working
Three times a year the Platform members gather at one of the offices of the partners (rotating) to meet and to update each other about experiences or study results. Additionally, agreements are made upon the continuation of the Platform and the work that will be done. More specifically, the Platform work by:
- Publishing position papers / white papers related to certain applications / benefits of Power-to-Gas
- Executing short studies
- Organizing an annual public conference or symposium on Power-to-Gas
- Having regular meetings
- Making advertisement for the Platform and disseminate its views whenever appropriate
- Having an website for knowledge sharing with the members and 3rd parties, and contacts with 3rd parties
Links with other platforms and bodies
Our goal is to have as much as possible an open relation with other expertise groups, in order to objectively gain insight in and disseminate bi-directionally relevant information about power-to-gas.
See all partners