Energy Storage Isn’t Necessary for a Cleaner Grid
8 juli 2016
- – Energy storage value increase with tighter carbon diocide (CO2) emissions limits.
- – The marginal value of storage declines as storage penetration increases.
- – Large-scale deployment of available battery technologies requires cost reductions.
- – Energy storage increases utilization of the cheapest low-CO2 resources.
- – Longer-duration storage increases the share of wind more than solar photovoltaics.
News article can be found: here
The value of energy storage in decarbonizing the electricity sector article can be found: here